We’re getting closer to FALL! I’m so excited. I’m literally drooling over the thought of a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. Pumpkin creamer for my morning coffee. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins… I might actually turn to a weird shade of orange before it’s even October.
With the start of a new month, I thought I’d hop on the running blogger bandwagon and lay out my goals for September. (I am also secretly trying to distract myself from the Snickers bar in my desk drawer but it’s tough.) Here are my Goals for September:
1. Wake up earlier. This means waking up at 5:30 at least 2x per week for morning runs, 6:00 for non-running mornings, and no later than 8:00 on weekends (7:00 for running!). I am a HUGE oversleeper and this usually results in me waking up far later that I would like to and feeling completely rushed every morning. And on the weekends, it results me in waking up when it’s already too dang hot to run outside so I’m stuck running on the treadmill.
2. Pack my lunches every day. I try to buy lunch as little as possible at work, but some days (due to being rushed from oversleeping) I end up running to Subway or Togos. DUMB. I can make just as good of a sandwich on my own. Or make good salads or bring leftovers. Living at home still means that groceries cost me nothing. Time to start packing.
3. Blog more. I love updating my blog. Sometimes I am just lazy. My goal is to post 5x a week.
4. Take more pictures. Another thing I love to do, but don’t do enough. Maybe I should title this goal “Remember to charge camera and stop leaving memory card in computer”.
5. Run a 10k and train like a beast for the half in December. It’s time to get cracking on that. Time to run faster and start tackling those hills instead of letting my mind talk me into walking the hills instead of fighting on. And I don’t want to let my Ragnar Team down!
I think these are some pretty realistic but challenging goals for the next month. I’ll make sure to keep you posted on how I do 🙂 **Update: the Snickers bar sadly did not make it through this post.
What are your goals for the new month?
Oh and one more thing – you should definitely watch the BFster’s new YouTube vid because he is my own personal JT and I’m super impressed because I couldn’t hit a note if my life depended on it: